Re: EtherExpress PRO/100 Intelligent Server Adapter with i960(R) proces sor

Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:55:35 -0800

mdorman-linux-kernel@debian.org said:
> We could let the i960 do ISL for us.

I have an i960 development environment that I use for an i960RD based board
that my company produces. It is built up from GNU tools, and the run time
is GPL (and compact). I've had it working on Cyclone-911 boards and an embedded
68EC000 processor as well, so there is hope of quickly porting it, and no
problem releasing it.

So, if one of these cards were to magically show up at my doorstep (with the
pertinent programming info:-)) I can maybe do driver/firmware work for it, or
at the very least get a working threaded C++ runtime for the on-board i960.

steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,