Re: Unplugging/Re-connecting PS/2 mouse disables PS/2 keyboard.

Kurt Garloff (garloff@kg1.ping.de)
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:49:21 +0100

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 05:26:11PM +1100, Greg Wickham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got an ABIT BH6 and if I unplug the mouse (PS/2) and reconnect
> it the keyboard (PS/2) will no longer work. The only solution is
> a reboot.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> It is real annoying as I share a mouse between multiple PC's
> and (at the moment) the switch box I have won't work with
> it (the mouse).

I was told top never plug or unplug anything in a PS/2 port when the system
is running, as it can damage your system.

Poor hardware design!

--
Kurt Garloff <K.Garloff@ping.de>  (Dortmund, FRG)
PGP key on http://student.physik.uni-dortmund.de/homepages/garloff

There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux development. I.e. the quality is too high and the speed is too high, in other words, I can implement this XXXX feature, but I bet someone else has already done it and is just about to release his patch to Linus soon... [From a posting of Tigran Aivazian to linux-kernel, XXXX = disk stat]