Re: AT&T assembly

Elliot Lee (sopwith@redhat.com)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:45:44 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 papiraki@kdb.ml.org wrote:

> We did it under dos with tasm. When I checked the kernel
> source's assemb ly routines, everything felt familiar, but it still
> felt kind of obscure. I know that Linux's assemblers use the AT&T
> syntax, and I looked for some books on the subject, I found nothing.
>
> Could anyone point me to some good documentation on AT&T
> syntax (and not the Assembly-HOWTO)?

The DJGPP asm tutorials (http://www.castle.net/~avly/djasm.html &
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/ug/asm/about-386.html) are
somewhat useful, as are the gas info pages and the output of gcc -S.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
- Steven Spielberg