Re: NFS ...

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 02:53:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Kurt Garloff wrote:

> * Small network with diskless clients (X-Terminals), 2.0.36, userspace nfs
> server, root and swap on NFS work quite okay. Sometimes one of the clients

Swap on NFS does not work OK. It might seem to, but in general it cannot
be done -- basically NFS can require abrbitrary resources not always
(often/ever) available when swapping.

> crashes (every few weeks), but I never tracked that down, as they can be
> rebooted by the users. So I don't know if this is NFS related.

A familiar problem. "Was that machine rebooted spontaneously, because it
crashed, because someone wanted Windog, because of a power failure.. etc?"

Let me know if you solve it :)