Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Raul Miller (rdm@test.legislate.com)
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:45:31 -0500

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> Patent them all, wait 10 years for someone to release one of them and file
> a multimillion dollar lawsuit with a law firm on a percentage winnings no
> cost lose basis - its the American way.

Better yet, file the patents for all of them, but be a bit loose about
your documentation. Keep them live for a few years, make sure the
patent gets approved if someone actually produces a product based on
one of these. Wait till products have been out for a while and only
sue the big-money makers.

--
Raul