Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Marcin Dalecki (dalecki@cs.net.pl)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:15:13 +0100

AAAh! The discussion is starting to become really just
pseudo politics now...

Richard Stallman wrote:

> I am afraid that large, proprietary companies with intrest in the
> Linux market will lead to the death of GNU/Linux.
>
> There is certainly a danger, but we are not entirely helpless against
> it. We can reduce the danger, if we teach the millions of new
> GNU/Linux users to value freedom--not just convenience and high tech.

Please do me a favour don't *teach* me anything.

> Each additional user who starts to insist on freedom
> makes us stronger, so if we reach just a fraction of the users,
> we are still doing a considerable amount of good for our community.

Users, really just users, and no community...

Marcin
PS. Whot does this have in common with the inner workings of the
Linux kernel?