Re: 2.1.132 Patch

Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:44:02 +0000

Jeremy Katz wrote:

> If you were previously running a UP .131, you need to uncomment the line
> about SMP=1 in the Makefile before attempting to patch your tree. This is
> because .132 includes the config option for SMP and therefore patches that
> area of the Makefile, causing the patch to fail if it is not the same.
> On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 rdicaire@vic.com wrote:
>
> > Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the 2.1.132 patch, when applied,
> > still shows kernel version as 2.1.131, and that the background title in
> > make menuconfig also shows 2.1.131?

Well, somethins WAS strange. I untarred a fresh 2.1.130, applied .131
and .132 and
did the build (running .131 UP at the time).

On bootup some errors flashed by about 'msdos' being the wrong version
(2.1.131)
but when a manual 'modprobe msdos' worked just fine. There was maybe
5-10 messages
and they went by too fast to read.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky		(eyal@eyal.emu.id.au)