[Fwd: Problems with 2.1.132-ac2]

Enrico Demarin (mccoy@smc.it)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 05:14:52 +0100

--------------261322BF43AB2FED220FC64E

Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:03:43 +0100
From: Enrico Demarin <mccoy@smc.it>
To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.1.132-ac2

> Its a bug in RealPlayer than 2.1.x shows up but 2.0.x didnt. There's a magic
> command for fixing Real Player in /usr/src/linux/Changes nowdays.

Found it. Now it works :)
thanks.

> > - Until 2.1.131 applying a patch was fast at first but it was > So 2.1.131 is behaving but kernels before that didnt ?

I re-started using 2.1 kernels since 2.1.131 so i can't say on older
kernels . All the versions since 2.1.131 and ac patches were behaving
this way. when i do patch -p1 <patch the patching process starts very
fast then it gets slow and slow.1

I just tried doing a patch -Rp1 of your patch-132-ac2 and then again a
patch -p1. Then i issued a "sync" and it took like 8 seconds to
complete. (im running 132-ac2 still)

greets
enrico