Re: Still not perfect AMD detection

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 02:43:03 +0100

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 02:35:01PM +0100, Dominik Kubla wrote:
> > Do you know what bit 10 is ?
>
> I just checked the AMD K6-2 Processor Data Sheet. It states the following
> bits in CR4 being used:
>
> Then there is the Extended Feature Enable Register (EFER, ECX=0xc0000080):
>
> And also the Processor State Observability Register (PSOR, ECX=0xc0000087):
>

> But no bit 10 in CR4...

You should have looked at the return value in the EDX register after a CPUID
with EAX=1 (or 80000001)

But bit10 there is not documented. However somebody found something on
sandpile saying that AMD's Syscall extensions reporting bit moved from 10 to
11 somewhere during model 6.

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>                           [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing              [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]