Re: I vote for incrimenting the version number to 3.0.0, Re:

Ed Yung (yunged@ms.com)
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:15:54 -0500

At this time I don't believe a change in numbers should make a difference
now because everyone is already looking foward to 2.2 besides version
number shouldn't really matter when it comes to OSes. . . Figure this
even Windows 3.0->3.1->3.11 - and each of those had some significant amount
of changes between the versions so even though 2.2 has improvements and
changes over 2.0 it doesn't warrant a version change to 3.0. . . Besides
the main thought to .0 releases are that .0 releases are buggy versions not
stable. So 2.2 is much more marketable than you think.
Ed