Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Daniel Taylor (dante@plethora.net)
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:22:07 -0600 (CST)

However, you may specify the precise version that applies.
That is what section 9 says.

It also says that if you do not specify, or you specify "and any later
version", that the "licensee" chooses the version of the license which
they prefer (presumably that which is least restrictive for them).

Of course if you specify "and any later", you exclude earlier license
versions.

Dan Taylor