Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Benjamin Scherrey (scherrey@gte.net)
Fri, 01 Jan 1999 12:01:52 -0500

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion in this matter, I certainly
don't think this kind of stuff belongs on the kernel list. Unfortunately, I
don't have a copy of the message that you're replying to so if it is just as
off topic then my criticism goes along with it as well.

regards,

Ben Scherrey

Richard Stallman wrote:

> If you as an individual use the term "GNU/Linux" for the operating
> system that's the combination of Linux and GNU, you won't change what
> "the world calls" the system. But "the world" doesn't really do
> anything; individuals do. You can't change the whole world by
> yourself, but you can change part of it.

<more non-kernel propaganda snipped...>