Re: ext2fs ACL status?

A. Ott (ao@ao.morpork.shnet.org)
01 Jan 1999 16:03:00 +0100

********* ***************** ********** **** ***** ***** ************
To subject Re: ext2fs ACL status?
mhw@wittsend.com (Michael H. Warfield) wrote:
********** ******************** ****** ******** ******* *************

> Henrik Olsen enscribed thusly:

> > Is there anyone working on ACL's for the ext2fs and what's the current
> > state of it?
>
> "Rule Set Based Access Control in Linux"
>
> http://agn-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/1ott/rsbac/eng.htm
>
> It looks to be much more extensive than merely ext2fs ACLs. There's

It is... :)

> a curious remark in the ongoing list about "Role based ACLs":
>
> ] Add Access Control Lists (ACL) module, based on roles (sic!),
> ] users and request types. Likely for 1.0.8 or 1.0.9.
>
> Not sure if that means that ACL's are currently in or out (my guess
> is that they are not quite there yet) in the current version (1.0.7)

They are not yet. I am currently trying hard to find and fix bugs and
increase stability as far as I can to make the many new features easier to
do.

1.0.7a will be out soon, serving as the base for the role module to be in
1.0.8, which in turn will be used for ACL. The models are pretty far
developed on paper, but not yet implemented. As usual, there will be pre-
versions to be tested in the pre-dir.

> There is also "Pretty Secure Linux" which is a project referenced
> from that page but the link is currently down. I don't have any further
> information beyond that...

PSL has been on hold for a while due to Vadim being sunk in work. It is
meant to provide a security centered basic Linux distribution using RSBAC
kernels.

Amon.

--
Please remove second ao for E-Mail reply - no spam please!
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##