Re: short display with 2.1.132-ac3, matroxfb and XF86_SVGA 3.3.3

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 12:48:15 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Shawn Leas wrote:

> Now that's simply unfair. Is this truely your impression of what
> GGI is all about?

That was what it used to be, at least among the advocates of GGI. But
let's drop that particular flame war before it escalates.

I've actually been very happy that I have _not_ seen that kind of
mentality lately apart from a minor hickup where somebody claimed that fb
cannot work together with X, and I very much want it to never ever develop
again. Which is why I want to make sure that the FB drivers and XFree86
will work peacefully together, because anything else is just ridiculous
and stupid in the extreme.

Linus