Re: [patch] new-vm improvement [Re: 2.2.0 Bug summary]

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 15:48:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> The other thing I'd like to hear is how pre3 looks with this patch, which
> should behave basically like Andrea's latest patch but without the
> obfuscation he put into his patch..

I still think the most important part of all my latest VM patches is my
new do_free_user_and_cache(). It allow the VM to scale very better and be
perfectly balanced.

Why to run `count' times swap_out() without take a look if the cache grows
too much?

Andrea Arcangeli