Re: Maintainer for kernel NFS(d) [was Re: Linux-2.2.0 (pre1)]

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:14:55 +0100

On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 05:36:56PM +0100, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > So please, somebody show up and take responsibility! (What
> > about Trond ???)
>

> It's always nice to be able to pass on the buck isn't it ;-)...

You are right:
It's not the nicest thing to ask somebody to do a job which is not easy at
all, without me having made contributions in this area.
I just saw you contributed a couple of patches, so I concluded that you know
quite a lot about NFS(D). And I really think it's important that sb.
competent takes this job.

> If nobody else volunteers, I'll take on the job, but I should warn
> people that:
>
> a) I'm a physicist, not a crack programmer.

So am I ;-)

> b) I'm forced to travel a lot due to a number of other
> responsibilites.
>
> In other words: I cannot guarantee that I'm the most competent for the
> job, nor can I guarantee any 24 hour response time. As I said, though,
> I'll give it a try if nobody else wants to...

Thank you very much for accepting to do it. However "G. Allen Morris III"
<gam3@dharma.sehda.com> accepted too, and IIRC the head penguin accepted
him to be the one to talk to about NFS(D) problems and to feed hom NFS
patches.
But I think, Allen will be happy, if you give him some help ...

Thx!

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>                           [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing              [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]