[screamingly off-top] Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
5 Jan 1999 16:12:26 -0800

In article <linux.kernel.ABQPGasub2@khim.sch57.msk.ru>,
Khimenko Victor <khim@sch57.msk.ru> wrote:

>>> Why superdistro-linux (for local distribution superdistro :-) is any better
>>> then gnu-linux ?
>
>PB> Because it tells you where they put their config files, libraries, init
>PB> files, log files, and users.
>
>Config files are in /etc, libraries are in /usr/lib and /lib, log files are
>in /var/log (see FHS 2.0)

I don't think you are grasping one somewhat important thing; Just
because the FSSTND of the week says that things should go in one
place or another (usually a different place from last weeks FSSTND
of the week) doesn't mean that every system and distribution on the
planet will automagically march along like good little Microsofties
and reorder themself into the approved heirarchy.

I've tried to tweak the headers so followups go off the damned list,
because this is so off-topic that it's not even funny.

____
david parsons \bi/ Not even slightly interested in where the FSSTND of
\/ the week wants to put files today.