Re: sb live

Krzysztof G. Baranowski (kgb@manjak.knm.org.pl)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 01:01:55 +0100 (EET)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Khimenko Victor wrote:
> > What is the current status of SB Live support (in 2.1/2.2)?
> Not supported/no support plans due sheer lack of documentation. Write to
> Creative -- more request they'll get => more chances to get some usefull
> infomation. So far no luck.
I don't think it is going to help. I've seen lately that 'Hannu and
the band' is working on SB Live support, so it's possible that
Creative will just tell you:

"We have enabled 4Front Technologies to create Linux drivers for us.
The resulting drivers will be a 4Front product and interested parties
should go to 4Front to get them."

or something similar. FYI, this is the reponse I've received lately
from Aureal when asking about Vortex documentation.

Regards,
Kris