Results: 2.2.0-pre5 vs arcavm10 vs arcavm9 vs arcavm7

Steve Bergman (steve@netplus.net)
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 21:32:26 -0600

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I've put out a new arca-vm-10 with at least this bug fixed.
>
> ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/kernel-patches/2.2.0-pre4-arca-VM-10

Here are my latest numbers. This is timing a complete kernel compile (make
clean;make depend;make;make modules;make modules_install) in 16MB memory with
netscape, kde, and various daemons running. I unknowningly had two more daemons
running in the background this time than last so the numbers can't be compared
directly with my last test (Which I think I only sent to Andrea). But all of
these numbers are consistent with *each other*.

kernel Time Maj pf Min pf Swaps
2.2.0-pre5 18:19 522333 493803 27984
arcavm10 19:57 556299 494163 12035
arcavm9 19:55 553783 494444 12077
arcavm7 18:39 538520 493287 11526

Pre5 looks good.
Arcavm7 still looks better than arcavm10.

-Steve