Re: 2.2.0-pre5...

Alberto Vignani (vignani@tin.it)
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:12:39 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Oh, well.. Based on what the arca-[678] patches did, there's now a pre-5
> out there. Not very similar, but it should incorporate the basic idea:
> namely much more aggressively asynchronous swap-outs from a process
> context.
>
> Comment away,

<B>aic7xxx is broken</B> for me. Recognized and configured ok by pre-5,
it
worked fine for simple things (like ls or rm a file), but as soon as I
started
accessing my disk more heavily the whole SCSI bus went mad, starting a
sequence of
resets/timeouts which I wasn't able to stop, not even with Alt-SysRq.
I tried it twice with the same results. Hopefully no data was damaged.

I have an Adaptec AHA-2940 (no UW), and the last time I had troubles
with
it was long, long time ago. And to be sure, I always used the default
kernel options with it.

Alberto