Re: System is too big. Try using bzImage or modules.

Edward S. Marshall (emarshal@logic.net)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:51:52 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Chris Noe wrote:
> We *really* don't need the old zImage type loader any more do we? I heard
> it worked on some old machines where bzImage failed, but I'm not so quick
> to believe that.

Allow me to assert that rumor. My system fails to boot with bzImage. LILO
can't even load it. Never have been able to. Latest LILO rev, P75, AMI
BIOS.

> People who have had problems with bzImages?

That would be me, for one. And since the majority of people are probably
running zImages now, I'm betting a forced switch would reveal a lot more
people who have difficulty.

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@logic.net>       [ What goes up, must come down. ]
http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/               [ Ask any system administrator. ]

Linux labyrinth 2.2.0-pre4 #1 Sun Jan 3 13:28:42 CST 1999 i586 unknown 10:45pm up 5 days, 7:26, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00