Re: 3c59x problem

cgrey@wcfamily.com
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 14:26:24 -0800

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 11:32:46AM -0600, Johnathan wrote:

> I have had problems with the 3c59x driver in both 2.0.36 and in the pre2.2
> kernels. Every once in a while, the driver will just stop working, and I
> have to do a
<snip>
> to get it to start working again. This problem I did not find present in
> 2.0.34. My card is a 3c905B, and it is set up using the 192.168.1.1
> address. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but it seems to
> present the problem a few hours after boot. Then it is usually fine.

Actually I have this identical problem with a ppp link on one of our machines. I don't think it is related to the 3c59x driver for two reasons: 1) It affects a dialup link; 2) Our adapter is an NE2000 clone. I first noticed it in 2.0.36 as well, and it's become enough of an annoyance that I'm thinking about dropping back to 2.0.34 because I can't isolate the cause.

---
Corwin Grey
Systems Administrator
West Coast Family Network Services