Re: vfork & co bugfix

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:04:25 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Jan 1999, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Looking at vfork in 2.2.0-pre6 I was struck by how badly
> looking at current, (to release a process) hacks up mmput.
>
> It took a little while but eventually a case where
> this really goes wrong.

Note that the pre6 version has a number of cases where it can really screw
up, don't even look at them too closely. I think I've fixed them all - it
was really simple, but there was a few things I hadn't originally thought
of.

I'll make a pre7 once I've verified that the recursive semaphores work at
least to some degree, could you please take a look at that one?

Linus