Re: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:35:52 +0200 (EET)

> > What's limiting it? CPU? Disk? Sendmail waiting for slow mail hosts on
> > the other end?
>
> Having run a mailing list with several thousand subcribers on it,
> I would place my money on sendmail. When the NTSecurity mailing list
> On my one list engine at ISS, we now use QMail for delivery. I

Never assume, you can check, and then say ``ahaa!''
It is not sendmail, nor QMail!
telnet vger.rutgers.edu smtp
(see the banner)
help
(see more)
quit

VGER is running at top of its CPU power, along with saturated
disk-IO. Replacing the Majordomo with some command-compatible,
but compiled fast binary software might be worth the effort.

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi> <mea@vger.rutgers.edu>