Re: [2.2.0pre*] word perfect 8

Matthew Geier (matthew@janus.law.usyd.edu.au)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:06:49 +1100 (EST)

> On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Joel Sloan wrote:
>
> > WP 8 works fine here for me - 2.2.0-pre6 and previous...
>
> Works for me too ... am running 2.2.0-pre4 and the S3 server.
>
> Wonder which server is running at the problem location.

I had wp8 problems with pre-6 until I realised that it was infact
an NFS problem. My home dir is mounted on another Linux box (currently
running 2.2.0.pre2/axp) and I eventually found wp8 hanging in an attempt
to lock a file in my home dir.

After much fidding I remounted my home with the 'nolock' flag and wp8
works again, although it complains bitterly about all the document files
being in use (which they are not...)

I have some sort of linux NFS locking problem, although at this stage
I havent discounted operator error on the server side.