Re: setfont does not work 2.0 -> 2.1 ?

Guest section DW (dwguest@win.tue.nl)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:37:27 +0100 (MET)

From: Michel Catudal <bbcat@netonecom.net>

Nimrod Zimerman wrote:

> My solution was to switch back to the dumb Unicode map (or, if you have a
> more accurate map, use it). It goes something like
> 'loadunimap /usr/lib/kbd/consoletrans/def.uni', assuming the map is
> installed in its default location. 'loadunimap' is from the kbd package.

Yes, and the above command is equivalent to `loadunimap def'.

I fixed the problem by adding this to the profile

UNIMAP=iso01.uni
export UNIMAP

I haven't had a problem with this since.
It seems that if it doesn't see that environment variable it defaults
to some crappy anglo unimap.

Since UNIMAP does not occur in the kbd sources, you must be using
some other version of setfont, perhaps the one from console-tools.

When discussing things, please mention versions.

Andries

# uname -a
Linux alpha.aeb.nl 2.0.27 #1 Sun Dec 22 00:12:44 EST 1996 alpha
# uptime
9:31pm up 700 days, 10:21, 3 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 0.94