Re: AIMS Labs radio card: frequency limit

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech-lists@twilight.ucw.cz)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:17:08 +0100

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 05:07:35PM -0700, Russell Kroll wrote:

> I'm responsible for some of the code in that driver, so I'll field this
> one. The commercial FM band over here is defined as a range from 87.9 to
> 107.9 using the odd tenths values. The 88-108 range never presented a
> problem, so it stayed that way.

That reminds me that some stations in the countries of the eastern Europe
still broadcast in the OIRT frequency range, which is 64 - 73 MHz, below
the western CCIR range 88 - 108 MHz. Myself I think no artificial limits
should be set for the receiving frequency, and just let the hardware do what
it can.

Vojtech