Re: *** next draft - press release ***

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:50:26 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

[...]
> > running faster on the Information Highway, complete development suites
> > for writing your own software with the language of your choice.
>
> Yes, I suppose that is needed. Let's skip "Information Highway"
> though, please!

Oh ... the "Information Highway" is IMHO a stupid way to call the Internet
but americans seems to love it :)

[...]
> >> Apple Computer, Inc. NT is a trademark of Northern Telecom Limited.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > :)
> >
> > Really fun, but seriously this one can not make into the press
> > release ... IMHO we should _not_ lower our profile doing clownie
> > things like other well known entities.
>
> I'm not kidding. We must acknowledge the trademark correctly.

Okay, so we will ack that trademark your way.

> > * Euro support?
> Not stupid, we now have characterset and font support for it.
> > * Y2K compliance
> Ugh. Yes, it crossed my mind but didn't seem to fit anywhere.

These things are all two important. May be something like this:

* Euro symbol and Y2K issues fully addressed for Business applications put
Linux on the cutting edge.

And put somewhere a sentence like this following ?

"Linux Operating System was choosen to drive a notebook computer on the <I
don't remember what mission of what spacecraft for some scientific
experiment> demonstrating that it is the Operating System of choice for
Mission Critical applications."

> The organization breaks down without bullets. The list of features
> would pretty much have to go.

Agreed.

> > What about something in the sense of: "* Frist UNIX support for a
> > wide range of advanced multimedia features like video capture ..."
>
> No, UNIX is a legacy operating system. UNIX is hard to use.
> UNIX might even be dead. Linux is new, exciting, and trendy!
> Linux even has more server market share than UNIX. :-)

But advanced multimedia need to be mentioned :)

Ciao,
Riccardo.