Re: *** next draft - press release ***

Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:31:52 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >therefore broken. If the intention was to remove such support
> >then the FPU emulation should be removed because '486 processors
> >have internal FPUs
>
> Not always. The 486SX doesn't.

Correct. A 486SX doesn't have much in common with a '486. I should
have remembered that these nickel chips are still sprinkled around
here and there pretending to be the real thing.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.131 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.