Re: [crash] bootup hang with 2.2pre7ac4 (fwd)

Dave Airlie (airlied@csn.ul.ie)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:55:04 +0000 (GMT)

my brain just came back as I was reading one of the patches so I recompile
pre7ac4 with DMA default off and it now boots .. the first time it came
all the way up and hung as I was logging in, this is the 2nd time and it
seems a bit better .. as in the fsck ran fine and I can seem to do stuff
..

So where is the problem do I have one of those motherboards/harddrives
with bad DMA?

Dave.

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> Can you try about 2.1.127/129/132 ?

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied -- Telecommunications Researcher \