Re: C++ in kernel (was Re: exception in a device driver)

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:19:31 +0300 (MSK)

In <19990116134549.G4232@perlsupport.com> Chip Salzenberg (chip@perlsupport.com) wrote:
CS> According to Khimenko Victor:
>> In <19990116000746.G767@perlsupport.com> Chip Salzenberg (chip@perlsupport.com) wrote:
>> CS> According to Khimenko Victor:
>>
>> CS> For shame, Mr. Victor, you're FUDding! And on a Linux list, where FUD
>> CS> is well-known as the enemy of truth!
>>
>> If I'm FUDding then please explain how C++ support modular programming.

CS> Class declarations with definitions elsewhere; namespaces. That's plenty.

Are you joking ? When adding PRIVATE function in some low-level class lead
to full recompilation of the whole project (sometimes it's few HOURS for
big prjects!). You call THIS support for modular programming ?

>> Since my daily work is programming on C++ I'm know this very well...

CS> Who do you work for?

Is it so important ?