Re: VM20 behavior on a 486DX/66Mhz with 16mb of RAM

Nimrod Zimerman (zimerman@deskmail.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:15:54 +0200

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 10:24:26AM +0200, Nimrod Zimerman wrote:

> But soon afterwards, as soon as I got a little lower on memory, the kernel
> started to deny requests for memory allocations - or at least so it seemed.
.
.
.

After a short experiment, the signal 7 (SIGBUS) is caused due to the kernel
failing to handle a page fault (which, I assume, is rather obvious to you).
This is as deep as I can go into the sources at the moment - I have no
previous understanding of the mm subsystem, and no time to learn it.

Nimrod