Re: maxtroxfb deadlock (and generic fbcon race?)

Kevin George (nop@blue.netnation.com)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:15:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Petr Vandrovec Ing. VTEI wrote:

> I tried it here (PII/350MHz, G200 and Millenium I), on my both matroxes,
> and it survived about 3 minutes of switching. With hardware cursor and
> acceleration. Are you using hardware or software cursor (software cursor
> is flashing block, hardware cursor is by default small flashing underline)
> and acceleration?
I was using the defaults, so acceleration and hardware cursor I think (I
had set my cursor with echo -e "\033[?17;8;64c", if that makes any
difference).

[snip]
> > result). I think that the problem I am experiencing with vesafb is not
> > specific to vesafb. 2.1.109ish I had something like this happen with
> > sbusfb (sparc).
> I hope that since 2.1.109 there was couple of bugfixes, some of them
> were related to console switching.
I will compile a more recent kernel there and try again when I get a
chance..