Re: CD query

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:34:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I've just been answered a curious question that I can't answer, so I'm
> asking it here...together with a supplemental of my own...
>
> 1. Can CD's have partition tables?
>
> 2. If so, can Win9x or Linux use them?

Read/Writable CDs can have any file-system you want to build on
them. This does not mean that an OS will allow it. I have a patched
kernel that calls what it thinks is a CDROM a disk. This allows me
to partition it and run mke2fs. Writes are very slow (floppy speed).
However, reads are fine.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.131 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.