Re: *** draft 3 - press release ***

Robert B. Hamilton (rbh041a@unix.tamu.edu)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:02:14 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Ian McKellar wrote:

> Remeber to use the word "legacy" when referring to NT systems. NT was so 1995.
> Linux is the latest-and-greatest thing :)

The average American computer illiterate instantly associates
"legacy" with "vast inherited wealth". And majority of readers
of press release, not to mention reporters, will be computer
illiterate. I know it (legacy) has become a part of the lexicon,
but why not buck the trend and use a phrase which brings association
of being tarnished with age?
Perhaps "rusty old", or "dusty-deck"?