Re: 2.2.0pre8: mkdir "." returns ENOENT instead of EEXIST

Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:00:07 -0800 (PST)

Janos Farkas <chexum@shadow.banki.hu> wrote:
>When this happens, by chance, isn't "." a mount point? I can reproduce
>this, but only when trying to create a file/directory which is a mount
>point, and reported also to linux-kernel; it's probably the new
>check_parent() macro failing to take into account the specialities of
>mount points...

Yes, you're right. The problem only occurs on a mount point. This
problem (at least the manifestation in CVS) did not occur in 2.2.0-pre7,
and I have confirmed that even on a mount point it definitely does
not occur in 2.2.0-pre3. Thanks for narrowing it down.

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034
fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."