Re: *** Draft 5 - Press Release ***

Alain Williams (addw@phcomp.co.uk)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:13:40 +0000

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 03:20:26AM +1030, Ed Lang wrote:
> * Translations of the Press Release. Linux is truely a worldwide entity; we need to back this up by announcing the release in multiple languages. I'm not sure how the translations would be done; perhaps possibly we
> could borrow translators from the distributions.
I'll do the English translation. OK 'ize' to 'ise' is simple, but I can
then make sure that it gets to the appropriate press people in the UK.

We probably ought to allow several days between final draft and when it
is released to the press -- to allow non trivial translations and to
allow it to get to the press.

These translations ought to be put up somewhere appropriate in
www.linux.org (or where ever).

> * New Euro support and a tradition of Y2K readiness positions Linux 2.2 as
s/a tradition of/pre-existing/ ??

> * The already legendary linux performance is significantly enhanced.
s/linux/Linux/

> High end SMP scaling gives good performance on 12 processor
> machines. Linux 2.2 supports up to 64 processor systems.
Do we mention boewolf (or however it is spelled).

> Advanced technical users are already using this update, available
> from the Internet. Linux vendors will begin shipping fully integrated
> systems using the new kernel in March. Business users will be
Has any distributor said ''March'' ???

> cope with the massive expected deman for this upgrade, the Linux Kernel
s/deman/demand/

--
Alain Williams