Re: That whole Netscape problem...

Mike Shaver (shaver@netscape.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:38:35 -0500

Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> I'm running Netscape 4.5 here on my RH 5.2 machine w/2.2pre7-ac2 and have
> found that more and more often with the newer kernels its hanging up. Don't
> recall this happening in any of the 2.1.13x kernels that I'd tried, but with
> the 2.2pre kernels it's happening about every half hour to an hour now.

I use a 4.51 prerelease and 2.2.0pre7-ac1 right now on ISDN to read lots
of mail and lots of web pages, and I don't see this hang.

Are you using the glibc or libc5 Communicator? What version of
glibc/libc5 is installed on your system? If glibc, are you using the
LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so trick? Do you see the hang if you
_don't_ use that trick? What X server do you use?

I'm trying to narrow it down...

Mike

--
173673.61 144171.12