Re: [patch] delayed acks killed in pre-8.gz in testing/

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:56:55 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out this bug. I will use a different fix because
> just setting it to one has no reason behind it (I'd rather use the

Setting it to 1 make sense to me thinking that the first ato so will be
`m' and that all `m' will be at minimum 1. I don't like to much doing
guess that could be wrong somewhere.

> So I'll send a fix to Linus under seperate cover.

Ok, thanks ;).

> As to your other ack fixes, they may have been just fine, but they
> were quite extensive and our ACKing policy has such large
> ramifications that I don't think they are appropriate to include at
> this time until I can study them very deeply and perform a lot of
> verifications. I'd rather fix show stopper bugs right now :-)

Ok, agreed.

Andrea Arcangeli