Re: *** Draft 6 - Press Release ***

Mick Haigh (rooter@village.vut.edu.au)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 01:42:38 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Ed Lang wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:26:24 +1100
> From: Ed Lang <Ed.Lang@pcug.org.au>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Cc: linux@samba.anu.edu.au, sstrickl@resnet.gatech.edu
> Subject: *** Draft 6 - Press Release ***
>
> Hi,
>
> I have released a new draft of the Linux 2.2 Press Release. It is available
> from http://www.tip.net.au/~edlang/linux/ .
>
> I have changed the amount of quoting in it; the Microsoft bit is down to 1
> paragraph. It also contains a URL to the Halloween documents.
>
> The initial dot points have also been fixed.
>
> Tabs spaces have been removed and replaced with spaces.
>
> I am going to try esr and rms for some quotes.

Sounds good - however the paragraph about SMP/Beowulf clusters should
read:

* Already legendary Linux performance is significantly enhanced. High end
SMP support scales well, supporting up to 64-bit processor systems. In
addition to this, Linux offers a revolutionary new system, called Beowulf
<http://www.beowulf.org>, which allows for multiple computer systems to
be used as though they were one single machine.

Note the addition of the word 'though' in the last sentence.

| | |
| Mick Haigh | email: mhaigh@village.vut.edu.au |
| | |
| Network Administrator | Ph: +61 3 9304 6300 |
| The Student Village | Fax: +61 3 9318 5232 |
| Melbourne Australia | Mobile: 0417 501 931 |
| | |