Re: That whole Netscape problem...

Daniel Davis (elminstr@bellsouth.net)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:25:59 -0500

While currently running Netscape under a 56K dialup I did run it for a couple of months
on an ADSL connection while I was living in New Orleans and I agree simply because I've
never experienced the problem on a variety of software and hardware setups and under
several kernel revisions (2.0, 2.1, and 2.2pre series).

The only consistent problem I've encountered is a nasty habit for Netscape to lock up if
you do something like drag the window or maximize/minimize while it's loading a page.
Even then a ps followed by a kill -9 solves the problem usually and you just restart.
I'm heavily in the 'Netscape is buggy as hell' camp right now.

I'm in the process of hacking a absolutely stable version of Mozilla because I'd rather
sacrifice features than worry about lock ups. I also despise memory leaks which
Netscape seems to be prone to. Especially in the Java code.

Daniel Davis
elminstr@bellsouth.net