AW: cdrecord trouble with recent kernels

Dominik Stadler (Dominik.Stadler@apertum.de)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:08:43 +0100

Hi,

I have to report the same behaviour here at my computer, after upgrading to
2.0.36, something with my configuration is badly broken and recording with
absolutely no additional activity went away two times yesterday.

In my case 2.0.36-pre13 was perfect and didn't show any such behaviour...

I have the scsi-idle-patch installed and had scsi-idle running yesterday and
now I wonder if this may be the cause? The recording reported something
about bus-reset, sorry that I didn't write the whole msg down, but if
anybody is interested I can try to reproduce the problem and record it...

additional installed kernel-patches are ncr53c810a-0.1a, sg_patch_2_0,
awe-driver, ...

Dschau.. Dominik