Re: Multiple ethernet probs with 2.2.0-pre9

John Heemstra (heemstra@sgi.com)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:46:54 -0500

Luc Lalonde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Alan seems to have rearanged the PCI probing and the eth0/eth1 ordering
> is correct now. However, I think
> that something got lost in transit though. My second ethernet card
> doesn't seem to be picked up completely. It's listed in /proc/ioports
> but not in /proc/interupts. As it is now it's not functional with the
> 2.2.0-pre9 kernel. That's the card I use with my cablemodem.

On a related note, I have a 3c900 and a 3c905 that (still) get detected in
reverse order from 2.0.x. It doesn't really bother me, but if that's
supposed to be fixed it's not...

> Cheers, Luc.

John

-( John Heemstra * heemstra@sgi.com * http://reality.sgi.com/heemstra )-