Re: pre9 success

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:54:17 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 08:55:24AM -0500, Chris Allegretta wrote:

> Well after reading Linus' post on pre9, I'm glad to say that everything
> looks great. Pre9 compiled and runs fine on both my K6 and UDB alpha
> boxes. For a while I was getting worried about late 2.1's and
> 2.2-pre patches not compiling on the alpha, but pre9 is great! Many
> thanks to all the kernel guys involved.

I can confirm pre9 (aka final) running great on UDB (-> arch=alpha). After
applying the SPARC patches and a on-line patch by DaveM it also works on SS10
(-> arch=sparc).

Linus, please consider including the necessary SPARC patches into the official
2.2.0. Without the SPARC patches 2.2.0 is a no-go on SPARC (maybe SPARC64 as
well, but i am not sure about this).

Yours,
Dominik Kubla