Re: devfs patch v86 available

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:27:56 +1100

Hi, Paul.

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Richard Gooch wrote:
>
> > Hi, all. Version 86 of my devfs patch is now available from:
> > http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/kernel-patches.html
> > The devfs FAQ is also available here.
>
> Would it be possible to sync your patch with the current linux
> RAID0145 kernel patch?
>
> Devfs + linux raid would be very handy.

I can only produce patches against the official kernels. To do
anything else is a maintenance nightmare. What is needed is someone
with the time and interest to produce patches against the current RAID
patch. Anyone willing to do that should contact me so we can
co-ordinate. I'm also willing to carry devfs patches for
official-kernel+raid patches on my ftp site, so there can be a
centralised repository. Or I can add a URL on my WWW page. Whatever.

Regards,

Richard....