Re: PR draft final-6 comments

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:21:52 -0500

Nathan Myers writes:
>I disagree with Albert on this one: it should be "released". We're
>not announcing a projected event, but an achieved one. Announcements
>of expected future events are routinely round-filed.

The use of the historical present is common in good press releases,
and it fits here, in part because the release of the 2.2 is in an sense
an ongoing event as new patchlevels are released and in part because
the historical present does make the release more lively.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/