Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #3266

Horvath Karoly (rh@hold.sch.bme.hu)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:39:33 +0100

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:46:48PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Your TB Tropez card isn't configured the way your /etc/conf.modules
> > > claims.
> >
> > It is (copypasted from documentation;)
> > Under DOS it works fine.
> >
> > > Are you using isapnp to configure the card, or just relying on the
> > > driver ?
> >
> > It's a very old card, without PnP - AFAIK.
>
> Can you try the following diff. It will make the driver trust your IRQ
> claim if you give an IRQ. This means that in the event that we misdetect the
> IRQ life will go on. Objectively it seems right that a specific user passed
> IRQ should be trusted.
>
> Let me know if/how well it works

# insmod wavefront io=0x290 irq=9
Turtle Beach WaveFront Driver
Copyright (C) by Hannu Solvainen, Paul Barton-Davis 1993-1998.
WaveFront: autodetected IRQ 15 not the value provided (9)
WaveFront: hardware reset failed

WaveFront: firmware download failed!!!
Trying to free free IRQ9
WaveFront: initialization failed.
/lib/modules/2.2.0/misc/wavefront.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

-

BTW the wavefront driver documentation says:

"The Tropez Plus (and perhaps other WF cards) can in theory support
up to 2 physical MIDI interfaces. One of these is connected to the
ICS2115 chip (the WaveFront synth itself) and is controlled by
MPU/UART-401 emulation code running as part of the WaveFront OS. The
other is controlled by the CS4232 chip present on the board. However,
physical access to the CS4232 connector is difficult, and it is
unlikely (though not impossible) that you will want to use it."

But as I said before I have a CS4231 chip on my board...

--
						 Tehenke Alapitvany TM