Re: FYI (CC): announce: PPSkit-0.4.2 for Linux 2.2.0

Ulrich Windl (wiu09524@pc3103.klinik.uni-regensburg.de)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:27:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> Here is what I wanted to post in the NEWS, but the servers disk is full
> again (still?)...
>
> Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
> Subject: announce: PPSkit-0.4.2 for Linux 2.2.0

[...]

I promise to never release a patch without trying to compile the result.
Please accept my apologies!

Here's what I just posted:

Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
Subject: Re: announce: PPSkit-0.4.2 for Linux 2.2.0
--text follows this line--
My apologies, but the PPSkit-0.4.2.tar.gz needs a fix
(PPSkit-0.4.2.fix.gz) that is in the same directory. The fix is only a
few hundred bytes, but you need it after the patch from the kit.

Lame excuses: I was tried, it was late, I wanted to get it out, others
were waiting for it, I had already compiled a kernel and rebooted that
night, I thought the change made was trivial, I was thinking of
someone else, ...

Regards,
Ulrich