Re: I will _not_ start accepting patches!

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
28 Jan 1999 23:13:50 +0100

David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> writes:
> > If I get at least 5 people in favor of such a list, I'll
> > immediately create linux-wish@nl.linux.org (or kernel-devel
> > or some other, better name).
>
> Here's the first vote in favour.
Seconded.

> Like devfs, reiserfs, lfa, ISDN, etc.?! Oh, and I hope NFS v3 will make it
> into v2.3... This kind of means that we leave all the size-expansion
> issues until v2.5?! That's ok for me, because I don't have a large machine
> with >1TB HD and >65536 users, but not everyone might be as happy... :)

I think the ISDN stuff should be retrofitted to 2.2.something-or-other,
and the big-device-number code really should be in 2.3.early so that
people can start fixing all those applications which, even though they're
compilable with glibc these days, still use those shorts someplace.

(I don't have a TB disk either -- I just wish I had one. ;-)

> Oh, I'd really like pcmcia support to become a part of the main kernel
> too. But maybe that's not our decision, but one for the pcmcia-team to
> make?!

Right.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661