Re: PPP Module Question

Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:41:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, John LeMay wrote:

> Could someone please define/explain the following for me? It is quite
> irratating!
>
> Jan 28 23:54:40 logan modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-21
> Jan 28 23:54:41 logan modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-24
> Jan 28 23:54:42 logan modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-21
> Jan 28 23:54:42 logan modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-24
>
> Thanks in advance...

In a Red Hat distribution, there is a /etc/modules...something file
that should contain an alias (my only Red Hat distribution is home
so I don't remember the exact file-name). Basically, pppd looks to load
a compression module by this aliased name. Just add the alias to
load the module of your choice and the warning message will go away.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.131 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.